This year I am very thankful for friends that made the big hole in my heart a little smaller Thanksgiving day.
I made my first turkey this year - with many phone calls to my mother - and it turned out wonderfully! I also made three pies, stuffing and an appetizer. I hosted the dinner at my house and had eight people in the same situation I am in join me.
I couldn't believe the mountain of food that showed up! We had enough food to feed a small army! :)
After we stuffed ourselves full - we took a break and had a fun time talking, playing games and enjoying each other's company. Then we decided it was time to jump into the holiday spirit with "Elf" and tried out the delicious pies. This year I made the traditional pumpkin pie, blueberry pie and an apple pie. They were delicious!
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment