I have heard this song a few times on the radio and loved it. It also plays in the last Twilight movie and the placement was perfect - way to go Music Director!!
I was talking with my sister very, very early on a Saturday morning - she woke me up!! We talked about where I was in my life and where she was and talked about why she was envious of my life and I spoke to her about what I loved about her life. I was hoping that if I just wished enough our wishes would come true...
She then told me that as much as she loved the freedom of being single, she couldn't give up her family, especially her husband.
I have talked about dating a lot lately with friends, family, co-workers - - At least that is what it seems like to me. I have also posted about dating: Emerging Adulthood, Letter, Smack down...
But the one thing my sister said to me hit me to the core and I haven't forgotten it since. It was simply that she recognized how hard it is to be dating right now and how of all the girls in my family, I was the strongest one to deal with this. I was surprised - not for the recognition (although that was very much appreciated) but that she said I was the strongest sister.
I never felt that way, EVER! I cry, pout, torture myself by watching sappy love movies (dang that Nicholas Sparks!!), and carried on alone.
Those few words have really given me a different perspective... Thank you sis!

No comments:
Post a Comment