I have always loved art and drawing. I've just never been any good at it... But I have a ton of art supplies and so I decided on Monday that I would try and put some of them to good use! I did try oils, but I am not patient enough for them to dry so I can continue to paint. So I sketched my current desktop picture onto a canvas and painted with acrylic paints.
I think it turned out pretty nice, but I am bias! :)
This is Part 1 - I actually didn't take any pictures of when it was just the sketch, but figured I would like to see the process.
Part 2 - I added more colors and asked for color options from my roommate.
Part 3 - At this point I realized I just wanted to at least get all of the petals painted and would go back to add some light/shadow.
Part 4 - The finished project! I thought that the colors went together well and actually can tell it is a flower (yes, it is a little off center). I might just have to try another one! :)
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
2 years ago

Okay missy - you are awesome! That looks beautiful.
ReplyDelete