Friday, October 21, 2011

Presenting... President Taci Merkley

Day 17 - Someone you would switch lives with for one day and why.

If I could switch lives with someone for a day I would want to switch with President Obama. I would want to feel the pressure of the job and the success of actually obtaining the title I dreamed about having when I was in 2nd grade.

I think of one person that has such an influence on how the United States are viewed worldwide and I would want that person to be me. Reading that last line reminds me of a line from “The Wedding Date” when the bride tells her sister she is so happy and the sister promptly replies, “Why, because the world finally has a reason to revolve around you?” I don’t feel like the world should revolve around one person, but one person can make a huge difference in the world.

I often think of Mother Teresa and how she is known for being loving, kind and so very giving of herself. I want people to think of me in my President For A Day as that. They will remember the good that came from the one day and understand the love I have for my country. I think too often people forget why they took the office in the first place and need to be reminded that there are people that often look up to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment