Truth is the truth to us only. We may be telling all of our side of the story, but there will always be the other side. It is the truth only to us – that is why I like to work with facts.
Facts are the story – not taking any side(s).
These are some examples of my truths:
When I fall down and skin my knee it will hurt and can hurt for a while, a kiss doesn’t always make it better.
Hurting a friend and asking forgiveness doesn’t always mean that friend will come back.
How I will always regret being the girl that ignored her sister in the hallways at school because I thought I was too cool to even acknowledge her presence.
Being completely embarrassed when I lost the bottoms of my swimsuit trying to wakeboard and my crush saw the entire thing.
These are some example of my facts:
My family will always be there for me.
God will always be there for me.
I exist.
I like to work with facts… Especially because in the end – they are the only things that make the truths bearable.
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment