Hello readers (or should I just say family?)...
I have been talking with everyone I know and it seems that this subject comes up quite frequently because, well, I am still single. **GASP!!** I know - how could someone as awesome as myself still be single? That is what my mother tells me and there is always a little truth in what she says, right?
So, I am going to dedicate this next post to dating! Yup, gonna do it! Here goes:
After having a ton of late night conversations with friends and roommates I have made the following decision. Dating is an interesting sport. Yes, I consider dating to fall in the "sport" category. Everyone cheers when you score a date, relationship, marriage.... Everyone will help place the blame on the other team or ref when things just don't work out and you lose.
Dating = Basketball. You are on the defense or offense at various stages of the game. You are part of a team that offers support and blocks those wanting to steal your ball/courage from reaching the basket/date.
So listen up team! Here are guidelines before you hit the court!
~ Don't be afraid to make the first move by simply asking someone on a date - that goes for boys or girls! Girls, we live in a new age!
~ Be open and honest in your communication of how you feel things are going. It makes it easier for both parties further down the road!
~ Just because a guy/girl asks you out - DON'T JUMP TO MARRIAGE! RELAX!!! Enjoy a night where you aren't home watching television (that's why we have hulu) and get to know the person. If it leads to a second, third, or even a fourth - still doesn't mean marriage just that you are enjoying the companionship.
~ Stop the group hanging out! If you like someone, don't have a party or movie night with a bunch of people, CALL.
~ Dates don't have to be expensive! If you need ideas - please ask!
Well, I can go on and on! Don't worry, I will spare you. Everyone is different - i.e. I am girl who would rather just be told up front that there isn't an interest rather than losing that friendship. Other girls like the nonverbal communication, I just couldn't ever catch on. I know, I know... silly Taci!
It takes a lot of courage to ask someone on a date, I have done it! Just remember sometimes things don't work out with the person you thought it would. BUT!!! I've never believed in there only being "THE ONE"... With so many good people out there, I don't think that there is ever just one.
Good luck! GO - FIGHT - DATE!!!
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
2 years ago

Here, here!
ReplyDelete(See, someone besides your family reads your blog.)
A little truth in what Mom says!!! Total truth!
ReplyDeleteheck yeah!!! i feel all pumped up now. i'm ready to go out and conquor. thanks taci!
ReplyDeleteeven though I'm married, it makes me want to go out and date too!!! do you think my husband would mind?
ReplyDeleteIf dating=basketball, I'm in trouble. I gave up on pursuing that sport with anything more than occasional, mild interest a LONG time ago!
ReplyDeleteJ/k, all in all, a very good post. Now if only we could/would all do it...