I misread my job title instead of "Administrative Assistant" as I thought - it is actually "Servant."
At least that is what I was informed I was today. Yes, my resident called me her "servant" as I was helping her write a complaint. I simply asked for more details specifically what the person actually said to her and she informed me that she doesn't like talking to the servants! Hmm... Yep, that will help me make sure that this problem is solved a little bit faster!
After finishing my notes from the conversation I went back to my desk and sat there for a minute... I recounted what the resident said to my co-worker and we both just sat there stunned that someone felt that way about us. I informed one of my bosses of the incorrect title and asked when the corrected business cards would arrive. She informed me that because I did so much, I should be promoted to LEAD Servant! Hmm... Wonder if that comes with a pay raise??
This week I will keep repeating to myself: I love my job... I love my job... I love my job.
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
2 years ago

Oh TACI!!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have told you lately that you are one of my favorite people. Keep the blogs coming, I absolutly love reading your little inserts. I feel like I can still be apart of your life and know what is going on. What you write is exactly how I know you would tell the story I love it!!!
Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving only a couple more weeks!
HAHAAHHAAA!! oh my goodness, Taci. This is too much. maybe this could turn into an inspired halloween costume? but all joking aside, you definitely deserve to be promoted to lead servant. hands down.
ReplyDelete