Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's that time again! YES!

I love this time of year! I finally allow myself to listen to Christmas Music the day after Halloween, even though I could and sometimes do listen to it all year round! For those of you who are having a fit right now because I just said that - CHILL!

First off, can anyone NAME a Thanksgiving song?? Besides a couple of hymns! That is what I thought!

Christmas songs are about being together and being home. It celebrates what I consider to be the true "Spirit of the Season" which doesn't start after Thanksgiving, it is a part of Thanksgiving! We are giving thanks and singing praises to the person who has literally given us everything!!

So, I am giving you my standard rule for those who may ride in my car or hear my music playing... After October 31, I will listen to Christmas Music and usually sing right along, regardless if I am on-key or not. So... no apologies, just deal! As I stated before - this is my FAVORITE time of the year!

Here is a picture of my father playing the organ last year at Christmas! It is so much fun to have my dad either play the piano or organ and have my siblings join in on a couple traditional christmas songs or hymns... It is so nice that we almost forget he started playing before 6:00 AM!! :)
P.S. I will be heading to Utah in approximately 16 days!!! I can't wait to see friends, family and the mountains!

3 comments:

  1. ....I don't know the name but it goes "over the river and thru the woods...." THAT"S a Thanksgiving song, so there! :D
    But really, I am the last person to complain about Christmas music. Love it, love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA I know a Thanksgiving song!! I'm actually surprised YOU don't know it! It's Josh Groban's "Thankful" song. I have it on my blog as the first song to play so check it out! Can't wait to see you either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with ya taci!! i hope i can ride in your car again soon so we can have a christmas musical moment together....

    ReplyDelete