My 30th birthday came bright and early... I got up around 6ish to hit the zoo's new exhibit and then ended up going there again in the afternoon to enjoy the zoo with my family before heading to Erin's for the pool party. For my birthday, I was informed that I could go to lunch in a restaurant of my choosing (a nice present from my parents)! I was so excited to go anywhere, only I didn't realize how hard it is working around hungry kids and a pregnant sister! So it was decided to save that for another day.
Due to the running around in the afternoon and my terrible timing - I was running late... And I HATE running late! I drove like a madman to Erin's house knowing I had people there waiting for me to arrive... I felt TERRIBLE!
Finally, we pull into the driveway and I grabbed everything from the car and rushed inside. As soon as Erin spotted me she insisted she bring out the cake.... I hadn't even put down my purse or said hello to my friends! I told her we could wait a little bit and then sing, but she told me we were doing cake NOW! I thought it was weird and then in she came - with no cake - but the cake was behind her being carried by - - - - - - MY MOTHER!!!
The surprise brought me to tears - I mean who WOULDN'T cry!!! - I sobbed for probably a good 5 minutes. Then I noticed that Aunt Pam was there too - I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present! I had my two moms there! :)
(It should be mentioned that my father even kept this a secret from me!! Way to go Dad!)
My family had decked out the Kitchen and Living Rooms to look like a cruise ship deck and I was in heaven! The lights on the ceiling where my favorite - thanks Dru! Here are some pictures to show you just how amazing everything was that night! BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!
I couldn't believe the friends that traveled far and near just to celebrate with me - I won't ever forget! I am so blessed! Enjoy some shots courtesy of Cassie! :)
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
2 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment