Tomorrow is going to happen no matter how hard I try to stop time!
I haven't completed any of the lifetime goals I always thought I would have completed well before I hit the big 30!! So, I did what any rational 29 year-old did and started a pity party for myself. I looked at pictures from family/friends college graduations, weddings, of their children and just thought about how different my life would be if I had completed all of my goals.
Then while I was packing to move, I found a letter I wrote at age 15 to my future self for a Young Women's Personal Progress goal. The letter was sweet and my handwriting was adorable (did you expect anything less)!
One of the first things I told myself was not to put myself down, I was a good person and shouldn't be so hard on myself. I talked about what to look for in a future spouse and how I wanted them to be loving and good too. I talked about how important it is for me to remember who I am and to pray (a saying my mother always said, guess it stuck).
Reading the letter full of wisdom (seriously, I was an awesome kid) stopped the pity party. I realized that I couldn't let down the 15 year-old me just because I wasn't where I thought I would be. Funny how the younger me ended up giving the "old" me a new perspective...
So, Happy Birthday to me! Besides, 30 is the new 20 - right!?
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment