In talking with a friend, we were discussing the various ways we relieve the stress we encounter in our everyday lives. I already knew the answer (I find that one quite easy). Music.
Whether I am playing, singing, listening, watching or thinking about it music is not only a huge stress reliever, it is a HUGE part of my life. I remember being a little girl and taking voice lessons and warming up to: "Ma, Me, Mi, Mo, Mu" and one of the first songs I sang was, "Sing, for the Lord is Listening!"
My family has always been musical, we have all been involved in some form of music in during our lifetime. The biggest inspiration was my brother Justin, I will never forget his performances and the excitement I felt when he was up on stage singing. To me, he was a star! My dream to be in a show choir like Stagelight started with Justin and then grew bigger as I watched Matt and Kari also enjoy participating in Stagelight.
My love of music is deep and when I thought that it was over, I felt broken. But, I still have one good ear that I don't think shows any sign in loss of hearing! It has only made my appreciation for still being able to hear something so precious to me deepen.
I am learning the guitar right now, something that I have wanted to do for a long time. I feel like I am doing alright, although I have some sore fingers!
I feel blessed that I can hear harmony in my head while singing, that it is such a natural thing for me to hear. I am grateful to be in a family that has allowed my love for music to grow and parents that paid LOTS of money so I could learn piano, singing and dance. I am especially grateful now when stress is in my life that I have been taught ways to let it out...
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
3 years ago

Amen.
ReplyDeleteI always wished I could be like all of you and do the singing and dancing. I love that you are all musical too!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing about your residents too.