Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nasty Fridge + Weak Stomach = My Day!

Warning!! The following post is not meant to be read by those with a weak stomach!!!



Today was Inauguration Day, therefore I decided in honor of having the day off and after watching all of the festivities downtown I would start my early spring cleaning by cleaning the fridge and freezer. Ugh!


So, I waited until my taxes were almost complete, watched a few episodes of "The Office," talked with a few friends online as well as on the phone... Putting it off long enough, I decided it was time to complete the task that I informed my roommates I would do. I marched into the kitchen and saw the monster that would swallow the next two hours or so of my time and bravely continued forward! I thrust open the fridge door and in horror slammed it back shut putting my head down to recover from the deadly stench that came from the unit. I staggered into our front room fell onto the couch and decided then and there that I wasn't ready for this and decided to watch a movie instead. Who knows - maybe when the movie was over the fridge would magically have cleaned itself!

After Happily Ever Aftering with "Enchanted" I decided I would put on the soundtrack and get busy. I was even singing hoping rodents would hear my plea and come into my house to do this dirty little deed - either they thought it was too dirty or my singing was awful because not one showed. So, I was left it the task by myself!

I quickly opened the fridge and threw anything that wasn't marked or that looked past due into the garbage bag and ran it (bare foot and all) out onto the curb where it will be taken away in the morning. Three full and heavy bags later - it was done! I turned around with a slight smile and felt like I was on top of the world!

** Please note that due to the constant moving in and out of roommates recently this was from those in the past who left things behind and in not being marked wasn't thrown out. Lesson learned - Mark food or Taci (Fridge Nazi) will throw it away! **

3 comments:

  1. Taci, you almost sound like a regular little homemaker!! Welcome to my world!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how hard you have been trying to make me more domestic through out the years. Guess it is starting to pay off a little bit! Way to go Mom!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I just cleaned out my frigde to, maybe it was a case of empathy for you.

    ReplyDelete