The First Posting...
Well - after visiting the family in Utah I decided I would like to try to keep the family and friends more in the loop of my crazy life here in the "BIG" city. Also because I am sure that my family was tired of hearing me retell stories over and over again because one of the nine siblings wasn't paying attention the first time (which I am sure never happens to anyone else!). But I sure do love them!!!
Speaking of family, I have had multiple shocked co-workers and new friends ask often what life is like coming from a family of ten (10) children all of which are from the same mother and father! The best thing to say is that it was very interesting growing up - I mean I never was included in the "grown-up" conversations until I was 21 or so and will forever be under the "Four Little Kids" category. I will never forget when I was 10 or so coming home from Salt Lake in early February or March and after dropping off my grandparents camper at their house realized that there wasn't room for us to all fit in the truck cab and so Katie and I were nestled in the truck bed in coats, sleeping bags, and with a tarp laid over us to keep in the heat. I honestly think that during that ride home it was the only time Katie and I probably ever willingly hugged each other... Ha ha ha! Don't worry things have since changed in our sisterly relationship! I think that my parents did wonderful in raising us... It was a pretty hard job they had, although my being the perfect angel I was one of the easier cases! I loved that my parents always supported all of my siblings desires even if it meant watching them move thousands of miles away. I love the support that my siblings give each other - through the rough times and the good times. I know in a moments notice my five sisters would come and rescue me from a bad situation through "discussing" everything during a lovely dinner. (You know what I am talking about.) I have four brothers who can intimidate a date just by looking at him... Fair warning was given to all bros-in-law that it was a requirement to look intimidating when needed if they wanted to be in our family. So far, my sisters did alright! Ha ha ha! What could be better than having a large family!? I honestly don't know! I guess what I am trying to say is that I love the family that I was born into!! Even when I had to make buckets of curly fries, be on a leash in Disneyland, watch people stand and count how many kids got out of the van, seeing my lovely Barbie's hair cut off because a sister was jealous, held my sister's hand while doing jobs because we kept fighting, listen to Dad's lecture #73 (Tree of Life), move water lines, run up the stairs first to make sure mom wasn't awake while we took candy from the drawer, or sit on the wheel in our green van... Even then!
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
2 years ago

I'm so happy you started a blog!!! You are hilarious and I look forward to all the many posts!
ReplyDeleteDad and I are waiting to hear about all your adventures now, by the way do you need pictures of ANY particular event in your life that you might want to share in your new blog?? Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteHa I'm with Mom. I want pictures! And I didn't even remember the whole truck incident. We actually hugged back then? Ha just kidding. Love ya and can't wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is so appropriately named....well done, I am so excited to hear everything and yes I do mean everything. Loving it so far!!!
ReplyDelete