I just finished a movie and couldn't help but feel very touched by the story that was shared. The movie was called, "We Were Soldiers," and was about the Vietnam War. There are so many times that I know I have taken for granted things that I have been blessed with in my life. Freedom to write on a blog about anything that comes to mind, freedom to practice a religion of my choice, freedom to move from one place to another, freedom to gain an education in a field of my choice, and so many others.
A friend passed away this weekend and she always told me to make sure that I enjoyed the life that I'd been given and to make sure that I not only thanked God, but thanked those who continued to fight for those rights - my rights. I work in a place were women and men served our country for many decades and the stories shared have changed me. I have been to the Army Hospital and seen soldiers both old and young with wounds/scars that are there because of battles fought for me and my America.
So, I want to take this time to thank those I know that have served or are serving to keep this the land of the free: Cody Womack, Glade Merkley, Grandpa Harvey, Michael Young, Clifford Merkley, Riley Beck, and my residents. Thank you!

No comments:
Post a Comment