Sunday, April 21, 2013

Boston

The time had finally arrived, Andy and I were headed to Boston to see my friend Lindy run in the Boston Marathon!  I was so excited because I was able to spend time with two really good friends that I hadn't seen in a very, very long time!

Rachel picked Lindy, Andy and I all at the airport and upon driving around, I started really liking the crazy roads and funky buildings.  It was a pretty chilly day but Rachel suggested brunch and so off we went to the 80's diner called The Breakfast Club.  It was so much fun, the food was delish and I was even more excited to see what Boston would show us.  While waiting for Lindy's trainer Geno and his wife Kathy, I took a quick nap and then was ready to go exploring!

We grabbed lunch with Geno and Kathy and then split up as they were headed to the Runner's Expo and we headed to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.  I was soooo excited when I found out that they had Monet's Water Lilies!  One of my favs!  The whole museum was absolutely gorgeous and I just wanted to spend hours there walking the hallways and soaking in the art.  But after having a very eye-opening experience with a, uh, certain Buddha statue (I blame Rachel)...  we decided to head over to a college writing reading and then off to the original club that housed the Blue Man Group.

Rachel and I even performed the song, "All That Jazz" from Chicago.  It was a ton of fun!  Also, I will never, ever forget this older man's rendition of "America"  I was seriously scared that the floor was going to break from his jumping around!  :)

 It was the perfect way to end Boston day ONE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment