February is a month of mixed emotions for me.
I don't think it is just because I am single either...
This February is the second anniversary of my changing my outlook on life. Two years ago, February, was one of the hardest months - I made a lot of poor choices and hurt my family.
This year it hit me extra hard and I was really struggling - then the worst day of the year was around the corner - VALENTINE'S DAY! A single persons personal Hell...
But something weird happened - I received chocolate covered strawberries from my brother and his family. They were delicious and helped lighten my dark and sour mood. The next day I received flowers from another brother, homemade Valentine's from my sister and her kids, yummy cookies from the parents and then even MORE flowers from my other sister.
I went home that night and found a lovely card from another brother and a sweet homemade Valentine with yummy suckers from my sister and her family. It completely made my mood change!
I was brought to tears by the love that my family has for me! And I know that not because of the flowers, strawberries, cards, suckers and/or cookies.... But because the past two years, they have really been there for me!
Emailing me loving words of encouragement
Holding me up when I couldn't hold myself
Flying out to see me when things were a little rough
Purchasing a Wii because they knew it made me happy (Thanks Dad - not only am I grateful, but so are all of my Wii Dancing friends!)
Helping me move into a more suitable environment
Cleaning my room of hazardous materials - thanks Erin and April! :)
Crying with me on the phone when I don't understand things
That to me is L - O - V - E!!
Family - you mean more to me than life itself... I am here today because of the love and strength you have shown me! Thank you for everything.
I LOVE YOU!!!
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
3 years ago

Awwwww....we love you too!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou make me cry, everyone of us have had our own rough patches to grow through and it is really a cool thing when we can all be there for each other, heaven knows you have done your fair share of being the shoulder we cry on or the person we lean on, I live our family too, we are pretty great!!!
ReplyDeleteWhoops *love, not live :)
ReplyDelete