Sunday, September 11, 2011

Gala 2011

Gala Time!!!

I was lucky enough this year to have help with the Silent Auction from Molly and Erin! I was able to pick everything and as I was cruising around the various linens, I found one that just caught my eye and an idea was planted!

I received approval for my idea and presented it to my trusty helpers. I was thinking of using peacock feathers this year and pulling the beautiful colors from the feathers to create a nice antique and elegant look. Molly came up with an idea of how to present the actual items and I took charge over the decorations. I was informed that we would have some high profile people this year viewing the silent auction and therefore it needed to look wonderful! This only helped to heighten my level of anxiety!!! I am a bit of a perfectionist and this just made that go into overload!

We worked until our fingers were blue, printers hated us, and we saw all three staff shifts in the HSC/SCC. I was exhausted when Wednesday, September 7, finally arrived. Because of the crazy rainy weather it was decided to pull the Sponsor Reception into the Card Room and therefore push my Silent Auction into a Solarium. I was nervous to have it so far away, but it worked out well with the lighting and staging for the auction.

I ran home and threw on my dress, fixed my hair, added darker makeup, and met Erin to carpool back to work together. Erin and I had our yearly picture in front of the ice sculpture - this is the third! Crazy!!

Now, so you can see how the Silent Auction turned out - I have posted some pictures. There are pictures showing Molly and I wearing the Tiffany & Co. necklace and bracelet that were being auctioned off as well. They were a beautiful set and I would have loved to put the starting bid of $800 on them if I could have... Maybe next year!

This year I believe the Silent Auction looked the best EVER! I know that I couldn't have done it without the wonderful help and ideas from Molly and Erin! They helped to make me laugh when I was ready to bite! They helped calm my nerves when I thought the tablecloth wouldn't look good! They also spent hours and hours of running to and from Michael's all because something wasn't exactly how I was picturing it. We made a great team! THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

  1. As good as the pictures are, I have to say that it looked even better in person! The pictures just don't do it justice. It was the BEST ever this year...just think of what you could do NEXT year!!! :-) It looked amazing Taci, GOOD JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried posting before but it wouldn't work. If the pictures don't do it justice........then I can't even imagine how great it was. Job well done Sis, Love you, Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete