I love holidays!! I love this one because it is a day to celebrate life in the U-S-A!!!
I got up early-ish, and went into work to say hello to some of my favorite people! I then went to the Institute and met up with ward members for a game of water kickball... Well, I watched the game! :) I was a little nervous to be running around the bases because they put soap in the water to keep it slippery. Having busted my back and tailbone before, the thought of smacking the ground wasn't too appealing! :)
We then talked and got ready to head over for the fireworks! I went a little earlier and grabbed a delicious snocone to enjoy before the show. There was also a band playing some music by the Beach Boys and a few oldies. Loved it! It was an amazing display of fireworks. It went on for literally forty minutes!!! By the end I was covered in ashes!
The night didn't end there.....
We went back to the institute to wait for traffic and play some card games. I was a little bummed because we didn't have two decks to play Phase 10, so I opted to stay out and watch.
I then went into the lobby and had a very nice conversation with a couple of the "oldies" in the ward, like me! It was great!!! :)
I love the people that I have had the chance to meet recently. I just can't believe how lucky I am to have such fun and interesting new friends! Life is good!! :)
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment