Tuesday, June 1, 2010

To My Cousin, Cody

With Memorial Day on Monday and working with retired military officers, I am reminded of so many things that I sometimes take for granted.

I have a home, car, job, freedom, religion and life.

My cousin is leaving for another tour of duty in the Middle East this summer and he has constantly been on my mind. So, I am dedicating this post to him.

Cody and I are close in age which meant that we would play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or soldiers together. Great childhood memories! Now we are both grown and living life in completely different areas. And although we no longer play soldiers, Cody has turned the game into his life.

He has been to the Middle East understanding and willingly laying his life on the line for me, my family, my friends and my country. And he will again.


To Cody - Thank You! Thank you for fighting in a war that I am not physically fighting in. Know that you will have my support 100% in everything you do. You are constantly in my prayers and thoughts. I love you! :)

To those that have fought before - may you rest in peace. I hope as you look down on America you will see many grateful Americans that will always remember what your ultimate sacrifice was for.

1 comment:

  1. Taci, only you could say such great things about Cody. Love you much Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete