When all the world is white...
Do you sled down a hill?
Do you make snow angels?
Do you create a snow masterpiece????
Is that what you do? So do I!!
I am currently in the process of living in DC's biggest snow storm since 1922... And I am loving every minute of it!
Friday the snow started at approximately 10 AM and stopped Saturday around 5 PM. I am living in a Winter Wonderland!! :)
I went along with my friend Bob to go and pick up the AWD vehicle we would be using in case staff needed to be picked up for work. I volunteered to be a driver - when it was mentioned in the meeting that I was one of the drivers, the room literally fell silent! I wanted to scream - I AM FROM UTAH!!! THIS IS NOTHING!!! But, I held my tongue and they finally said that I would be a good navigator for the driver.... Men!!! Ugh!
I arrived home at 8 PM on Friday and ran upstairs, dragging my roommates out of their rooms and off the floor because we were going to enjoy this snow! After waiting 30 minutes for Molly (who claimed to be born ready for snow) we made our way downstairs! My excited wasn't contained!! I was giddy like a little school girl! :)
We threw a few snowballs around and I showed Molly my incredible strength by pushing her down into the snow! He he he! Then I found out the saddest news! Neither Molly or Andrea had ever rolled/built a snowman! WHAT!? I couldn’t believe it! So, to work we went! I had already planned on building a snowman and so I grabbed an extra scarf and hat (I had 30 extra minutes while waiting for Molly!)
I showed the two of them how to properly roll a bottom and we stuck the snowman by the road so everyone could enjoy our masterpiece! I quickly put the two of them working on the middle section, while I rolled the head. It took all three of us to lift the middle section onto the bottom part, but we did it!! I lifted the head to the top (because I’m strong like that) and we put the finishing touches on Rita, our snow-woman! We used pecans for the eyes and mouth. Andrea and I found the perfect sticks for the arms. We were lucky while rolling the bottom, a little pine cone popped up and I could tell it was asking if it could be her nose.
Once that project was completed (with many compliments by passers-by) we decided it was time to make snow angels. Andrea, being from sunny California, never made snow angels and so Molly showed her the steps and coaxed her through her first one! It was excellent! It was finally time to call it a night and we went upstairs where I promptly fell asleep on the couch…
Saturday morning dawned bright and early with sounds of a saw “gently” coaxing us out of slumber… Ha! With the snow being so heavy, it caused one of the trees on the property to fall down.
Andrea went to work making her deliciously perfect cinnamon rolls! I believe this is going to be a tradition with us… They are divine!!
That afternoon, I offered to make lunch for a couple of co-workers who had to go do some driving and also removing trees that had fallen at work. They arrived and after lunch Brian treated us to some tunes on the guitar… He even put up with my trying to harmonize to some of my favorites that he plays!
I am grateful to be living where I do because we still have power, heat, food and Internet! Just across the street there is no power! In fact, there have been notices sent out because quite a few members in my ward are without power as well. Yikes!
I hope you enjoy these photos from my fun-filled snow days here in DC!
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
2 years ago




Oh my Gosh, that is a lot of snow, I love that your car is completely covered (even though it doesn't take much). I am glad you were there to help your roomates through the difficult task of snow angels!!!! Way to go Taci, glad you are enjoying the snow and please............keep it out there, I am done with Winter!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures!! I miss all the fun you bring!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Melanie - you can keep the snow out there for your enjoyment! :)
I can see how much fun it was to make a snowman taller than you.......although acutally that wouldn't be too hard! DAD
ReplyDeleteMan! You weren't kidding when you said that you had a blast! I love your snowman, and I am so glad that you are safe... on your side of the street =)
ReplyDelete