Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Utah - My Home

The time came and flew by as I went home for my little vacation! I cried a little bit on the plane ride home... I was really sad not to be able to stay longer, but the tears dried up as the airline showed the movie "The Time Traveler's Wife." I was excited because I read the book and wanted to see the movie!

Here is a quick recap of my amazing time in Utah! I will have to do these in a couple of posts, since I couldn't probably type a novel about all the fun laughs and good memories!!

I fell asleep on the first leg of my trip, but almost smacked the guy sitting next to me when I jerked awake. On the second leg of my trip, I jerked awake and must have had a scared look on my face because the lady sitting next to me asked me if I was alright. My sister, Mel, picked me up late Thursday night and wasn't too mad when I couldn't even keep my eyes open to chat it up.

Friday dawned a beautiful Utah morning with fresh air and I was excited because I was meeting friends for lunch and then it was off to see "NEW MOON!" Kari, Cassie, Mel and myself were geared up and ready to see the movie... I must say that although I didn't like the second book at all - I LOVED the movie! I thought that the actors did a great job and the reasons why I didn't like the book were small parts in the movie. It would say that it this is a must see and buy!! :)

We found out in the middle of the movie that Cami was coming home from her mission, which meant that all of my siblings would be together for Thanksgiving! I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have them all in the same place.

I was able to meet up with my old highschool friends for lunch and we chatted about where life had taken us and just had a great time catching up! I decided that it was time for me to chop off my hair (it was too long) so it was cut and colored.... I LOVE it!! :)

Cami came home and in true Merkley fashion, I was about two minutes too late! She was already there and I about walked right past her yelling at my other sister that we weren't late! Ha ha!

Thanksgiving was great, we had about 72 people all gathering and munching at the Tridell church. We had all of my siblings, spouses, kids + Aunt and Uncle's kids, their spouses and grandchildren + my other Aunt and Uncle with my Aunt's mother and brothers. TONS OF PEOPLE!!!! And that just made it all the more fun and crazy! My cousin Stephanie (with a couple of additions from my father) decorated the place as cute as it could be!

I ended up snoozing through my alarm and my sister trying to wake me up, so I was late for Black Friday madness! I ended up getting up around 5:30 and scrambling around to get everything together so I could join in the fun. It was a lot of fun to shop, eat breakfast, and just be with five of my siblings!

I didn't realize how much I missed Utah and it's beautiful mountains until I watched them disappear behind me. I guess I will have to visit more often!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love all your pictures, we did have a good time, it is always so much fun to be together, and I am sooooo glad that you got to come home for a little while, can't wait for the next posts!!!! Oh and p.s. be good to my little Lesa she is really going to miss me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures! So sad I missed you!!!!

    I know what you mean about suddenly realizing you miss Utah :) We had the same feeling.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, i am soooo happy I was able to see you at Thanksgiving as well.
    Hope you had a good Christmas.
    Just wondering could you e-mail me or put the picture of us at lunch on facebook. Thanks girl!!

    ReplyDelete