Sunday, July 5, 2009

What!? A YEAR???

That's right - I reached a big mile marker this past month! I have been here on the East Coast for one year! WOW!!!

I have missed the friends, family, co-workers left behind in Utah and all of the activities/gatherings/bbq's/birthdays I have missed out on. The only thing that I know is that I am where I am suppose to be!

I have loved getting to know the history of our country on a deeper level. Plus, I can't get over the amazing concerts, zoo, museums, memorials that are all FREE to the public!!

Some of the things I have experienced the past year include:
* Learning that girls really do sweat and it can pour off your face (that was just walking up the stairs in July)
* How amazingly beautiful Fall can be
* A GPS is your best friend
* No matter how far away I live, Mother is just a plane ride away!
* There are more restaurants than just PF Changs (although it is still one of my favorites)
* How nice a metro system is during crazy weather
* How beautiful Cherry Blossoms are in the Spring
* How handsome the Police/FBI/Firemen are out here
* The average age of a single person is 28 (just where I want it to be)
* Doesn't matter if you live 12.2 miles away from work it's still an hour commute
* It only takes four hours to drive through five states

That is a tiny little list compared to what I have learned and seen the past year! I have loved the time spent and memories made so far and I am very excited to see what the following years will bring.

2 comments:

  1. So now that you have experienced it all, come home, there are other sisters out here who miss you:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you!!! I miss you making me laugh!!!
    I hope this past year has been everything you have hoped it would have been.

    ReplyDelete