Friday, July 3, 2009

Chasing Rainbows

The last week it has been rainy here on the East Coast. I have even seen a couple of rainbows, which was very surprising because I didn't think you could see those between the massive buildings here.

I was driving to FHE a couple of days ago and saw a very beautiful rainbow and it reminded me of one of my favorite memories. When I was around 14 and living in Tridell, it was raining really hard one day and then I saw the most beautiful rainbow ever. I went and told my sister Erin, who was 16, to come and check it out. She did a little laugh and then promptly told me to get in the car. When I asked why, she simply stated we were going to chase rainbows.

Really!? I remember looking at her and thinking she was crazy and getting in the car more out of concern rather then looking for an adventure. Off in the van we drove chasing the rainbow and I never had so much fun! We even stopped at one point and got out to run towards it... Obviously we never reached it as I am not sitting upon my pot of gold!

But I have never forgotten how much fun it was to just act silly and have a little one on one time with my sister. Something we didn't do a lot of while we were in our younger years.

So, I hope the next time you see a rainbow you will go and chase it. Leave the worries of the world behind for those few precious moments and just enjoy the chase.

3 comments:

  1. You are too cute!
    I think I remember you telling me about that once. I saw a rainbow two days ago, it was sooo beautiful, and it made me very happy as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. words to live by, well said Tace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't exactly the same but the other evening there was an absolutly amazing sunset, and I chased it just for YOU!!! I jumped on my bike and rode to the park to see it better!!!

    ReplyDelete