Monday, March 19, 2012

Niagara Falls!

This past weekend I loaded up my suitcase and two friends for a quick road trip to see Niagara Falls for the first time. I was so excited!!

We left my house Friday after I got off work and literally jumped in the car and started driving. My GPS hates me as it made us go through every small town in the state of Pennsylvania! Danielle claims we were following the Heritage Route (she said she saw a sign) – I, on the other hand, dubbed it Highway to Hell! ;)

Finally after a couple of stops for gas, stars, and slowing down due to extremely thick fog – we made it to Buffalo, New York! That is where Andy’s brother lives and they kindly let us stay in their home for a couple of days. When Danielle and I made it up to the guestroom this is what we found. I thought it was absolutely adorable and so welcoming…


Woke up bright and early Saturday morning and it was fun because they have four kids ranging from ages 2-9. The kids informed me that they always have Waffles on Sunday and then they did their chores while I showered and got ready.

I opened the door to find the oldest daughter ready to give me a lesson on her new sewing machine. So, downstairs we went and I “helped” sew together a purple hamster for her friend at school. We then put everything away and played Wii Dance while waiting for everyone to get ready.

Then it was off to the Falls! They were gorgeous!

I didn't realize that there were two sections to the Falls - American Falls and Horseshoe Falls.  Both of which were beautiful - but Horseshoe Falls are the Falls I thought about when someone was discussing Niagara Falls. 


American Falls

Entrance to Canada!!  We walked across the bridge which wasn't too scary!


Canada and off to the right you can see the overlook on the American side...  That was super scary to walk out on!  I pretty much stayed in the middle and handed my phone to one of my friends to take pictures with.  Also, you can see the Ferris Wheel that we went on and I thought I would be fine but ended up wanting to pass out...  It was super scary!

The lights that shines on the falls so you can see them...  They were so pretty when it was only the purple color - too bad!

American Falls lit up!

Beneath the Falls - If you look close enough you can see the Maiden of the Mist waving.

This is a picture of Horseshoe Falls...  I thought that this was a cool picture!  I loved seeing the two rainbows right next to each other - to me it means everything is going to be alright!  ;)


Danielle, Andy and our new friend Murray the Moose!

Overall, the trip was a ton of fun although I think that I would like to go back when I won't feel so rushed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment