I will never forget the oil paintings my brother Matthew did while he was in highschool, one of The Little Mermaid and another of our brother Justin and a girl dancing. I thought that they were fantastic!!
Lately, I have had a lot of time on my hands and decided to take a look at starting a new hobby. I have always wanted to try oil painting but had a fear of being a failure. My friend, Bob, had started up watercoloring and was doing really well - so I decided I could "try" to oil paint.
Turns out that I am really enjoying myself and have found painting to be quite relaxing. I have included the first paintings I have worked on and if you make fun of them - please don't leave a comment! :)
The unfinished girl is something I still trying to figure out. I am testing different ways on how to do eyes or a mouth, or really a face. But I just formed an idea in my head and will see how that works out.
The Tulips were based on the tulips I received a couple of weeks ago. They were beautiful and I wanted to capture the love and beauty in something so simple.
The Space painting was just a random one I designed. I had created a blue background and all I could visualize were stars and the moon, so that is what is on this one.
I love art, I love the freedom I feel while I paint! Oils are a very forgiving tool to work with and that has helped. I look forward to create more pieces, one day they will start to look better - but for now I am still proud because I did them.
Last shot is a picture of me with my new glasses and new hair color. I went dark because I wanted to cover some old highlights! And I think it looks great - I had a wonderful colorist by the name of Andrew Wheeler.... I told him I would recommend him to all my friends! :)
The Bridge Over San Luis Rey
3 years ago




I am a little jealous that you can not only draw better than me, but obviously paint things you see as well. I remember trying to draw a horse for Bradley one time and after he saw my finished project said "MOM, I said a horse not a snake.".........hmmmm, well maybe you could come and teach them a little something.
ReplyDeleteI love, love the glasses (and it has nothing to do with me being there helping you decide on which ones to get either) they look awesome on you.
And finally Andrew - WOW, I am impressed, there is no way I could ever talk Scott into doing something like that, way to not make all her hair fall out!!!!
Taci
ReplyDeleteYour oil painting are awesome!!!! I don't know if you know but my mom oil paints she would love to talk to someone else that oil paints. You are very good, especially since you just started. There is NO WAY I could ever paint even a flower!
And I agree I love the glasses and hair!! You look cute!!
Love the tulips!! You are good! Can't wait to see more! :)
ReplyDeleteI also love the glasses and the new dew. Smokin'! Miss ya! Can't wait to see you in a few months!!
WOW!!! They ALL look fantastic!!! My favorite is the Space one. Maybe you'll be the painter in the family :)
ReplyDelete