I don't know when my love of shoes came to be but I LOVE shoes! When asked what the first thing is I notice about people, I always admit it is their shoes. I think you can tell a lot about a person by seeing the types of shoes they are wearing.
Shoes can really show a person's personality! Don't agree?? How many times have you been shoe shopping and have seen a pair of shoes and said - "Those are shoes this person would wear!" Yep - shoes speak volumes about a person!
Today (church was cancelled due to snow) I decided to see exactly how many shoes I own and time to get rid of a few. One of my New Year's resolutions was to only buy shoes if I got rid of some... So, I opened my closet door and pulled everything out!
I sorted and counted and was astonished by the number! After throwing away five pairs of shoes - I have a total of 44 pairs remaining. I put a couple of the pairs back into the discard pile after seeing the total... I have a really hard time getting rid of shoes. Therefore, I finally said goodbye to the slippers given to me back in 2001 and a few others that I had worn through the soles.
I feel like I accomplished something today! Here is a shot of my closet with the shoes that made it through this round - - all 44 of them! :)

hi. my name is sarah and i am also addicted to shoes. thank you for inspiring me to also quantify how bad my addiction has gotten. At 66 pairs, not including all the flip flops, i feel slightly ashamed. but mostly quite pleased :) ps i want your racy leapord heels.
ReplyDeleteWell you know.. if you need someone to babysit some for a while I would be more than happy... :)
ReplyDeleteYou sound like my daughter! :) She has ALWAYS noticed shoes first, in person, in books, whatever.
ReplyDeleteYou know your Aunt Veon has tons of shoes too :) So you came by it honestly. I haven't asked Grandma how many pairs she actually has but I know its a ton. She has rubbermaid boxes to put each pair in. :)
ReplyDeleteDear Shoe addictor,
ReplyDeleteI have known you for quite some time now, I feel like I have gotten to know you pretty well over our years together, but 44 pairs, holy hannah bannana!!!
Really I have always been jealous of you, one because you have great legs that look great in any shoe, and two you always have cute shoes. So really I guess I am just a little jealous that your feet were always smaller than mine therefore that meant I could never borrow any of your shoes.
Take care your friend
Shoe admiorer!