Monday, April 6, 2009

Sisterly Love!

For those of you who may not know Erin and I are pretty much opposites. Erin loves the rugged outdoors, not showering for two weeks, and drinking water straight from the river (fish pee in that, yuck!) I am what one would call a "glamper," which is a glorious camper, meaning hotels/cabins, hot streaming water and flushing toilets, with restaurants near by.

But our differences aside we have had a ton of fun together... Erin making fun of me and mirrors or watching me barely squeaking out "Person! Person!" when a pedestrian got in our way while she was driving. Plus, I have taught Erin the lesson of the black boots and she never criticizes my shoe addiction. Having Erin close by has also been handy by becoming my GPS when I am lost in Southeast DC or giving me advise on the East Coast Singles Life.


Also, thanks to Erin and Drew who had little Alesa, I had the opportunity to have my mom and sister's visit the two of us in DC. Although I was constantly reminded that they weren't here to really be with me or when I was limited to only staying at Drew and Erin's a couple of nights while the parade of Merkley's was in full force - I had a GREAT time with my sisters and most especially my mom!



Okay I can't find pictures with Mel and Mom, which means the pictures were taken with their cameras.... Dang! Here is one of Kari and me on our pamper night... I LOVE being a girl!










Here is an adorable picture of little Alesa, proving to the world that...
I am her FAVORITE aunt!!!


1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!! cute picures, I cannot wait to snuggle with Alesa, she is so excited to come and stay at her favorite Aunt Melanie's house. I am so excited about Girl's Weekend (NY, NY, here we come) so we can spend some more time together, I LOVE MY SISTERS TOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete