Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Preggo Sis!

My sister, Erin, is ready to have her second child any day now and I am ready for her to have it as well!

I consider myself a pretty patient person when it comes to things like this, but no, patience is GONE!

She randomly started craving weird things and at weird times - I haven't seen this with any of my sisters before... not like this!

We were at Target (which I am single-handedly keeping the baby section in business!) and she reaches for one of the craziest treats I ever saw. It was a Nerds rope - you've seen it - a red licorice rope that has Nerds of various flavors stuck to it. She loved it! She would purchase one pretty much everytime we were there or when she saw one. I will admit that I ended up buying a couple last night while there and decided it was fine - FOR A CHILD!!!

Fast forward a couple of weeks - I am getting ready to head to bed one Sunday night, it was 10:00 PM. All of the sudden Erin and Dru show up in the kitchen... Hmmm, interesting... As I proceed to go through the kitchen to my bedroom Erin asks if I would like a steak. WHAT!? She said that she was upstairs and had a MAJOR craving for a steak and she needed it now. Her kind husband made all of us steaks and we enjoyed our late night snack!

Fast forward a week - I am sleeping in my bed, snug as a bug in a rug, when I am ripped from my sleep by the sound of someone knocking on the front door. I listened as Dru went down the stairs and the door opened. Due to the massive amount of "Criminal Minds" I have been watching, I immediately jumped from bed locked my door and had my cell ready to call 911. Hey - I thought it was a robber! It was 10:40 PM!!!! I heard the front door close after a second and after hearing only one pair of foot steps walk calmly back up the stairs, I crawled into bed and fell asleep. In the morning, I was reciting what I heard to Erin while she was feeding Alesa breakfast and she had a little guilty face... She said that she had a MASSIVE craving for Pizza Hut's Pepperoni Pan Pizza and had to have it right then - so she ordered delivery. SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!

Fast forward to the last two nights - I have been dreaming that Erin has had her baby at work. Last night's dream she kept him in her drawer on a bed made of tissue paper!! Don't worry I rescued him!!!!

I don't know if I can handle any more crazy dreams, cravings or late night deliveries! This is insane!! So please, PLEASE pray, cross your fingers, blow out a birthday candle, drive through a yellow light, find a four-leaf clover and wish that she will have this baby soon!






As a little note - I love my sister and I am really excited to enjoy this new little bundle of joy along with her. I just can't believe some of the crazy stuff that I am witnessing with her pregnancy!

2 comments:

  1. Already sending good vibes her way. And if you want to suggest to her something to help her get going, find a good acupuncturist and have her see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHA That's HILARIOUS!!! Love it!! Picturing you guys sitting there eating steaks at like 11 p.m. thanks for giving me some to laugh about at work at 6:30 am :)

    ReplyDelete