Monday, May 25, 2009

Farm Trip

I was invited to a friend's farm in Virginia for the weekend to relax and enjoy the countryside. Growing up in the country, I was excited for a trip to see the stars and have no neighbors/police sirens/traffic/crap loads of people!

As my luck goes Saturday dawned dull and rainy! My roommate Andrea and I started the two hour drive with excitment brewing as the cement city fell behind us in the distance. We made it to the farm with little trouble, which always surprised me because the friend who wrote the directions and gave me the map is blind. Mrs. Price is absolutely amazing! We showed up in time to enjoy a light lunch and have a nice tour of the 80+ acre farm before sitting down to an excellant dinner.

Mrs. Price and her daughter Debbie were the best! Debbie was a wonderful cook (although she claimed to be out of practice), and Mrs. Price was full of wonderful historical stories! Mrs. Price tried scaring me by telling me about the bears that come right up to the house and eat the bird seed... Don't tell her, but it worked! We went to a berry farm on Christmas Tree Lane (no joke) and we were given fresh peach jam and honey with the honeycomb in the jar!!

After a relaxing Sunday morning, Andrea and I went to Lurray Caverns. Andrea was very helpful with my questions since she graduated with a biology degree! We had a good time viewing the cavern and the little auto museum connected right next door. We went to a show by Mark Russell and had a good time on the front row! He made a comment to me that made my face bright red and I was nervous that Mrs. Price would ask me to explain (it was about texting - that's all your getting).

No comments:

Post a Comment